November 25th, 2013
- We went to La Ceiba (on the Honduran mainland) this past Friday-Sunday, to try and take care of our residency paperwork. Well, the paperwork that was supposed to arrive by bus, was “lost” for several hours. They found it in San Pedro Sula. Apparently, the bus line put it on the bus from Tegucigalpa to San Pedro Sula, rather than to La Ceiba. Out trip accomplished practically nothing. Our Visas to Honduras expire this coming Saturday, November 30th. We must either get this residency paperwork properly processed OR leave the country by Saturday. With prior commitments on our plates for this Thanksgiving week, that essentially leaves us this Friday, November 29th, to make another trip and get everything completed. We’re seeking prayer support for God’s guidance, provision and wisdom. With so much out of our control, we’re resting upon His promises and grace.
- Reiteration of our request from October 10th, 2013, noted below.
October 10th, 2013
- Please continue to pray for a more permanent solution to our keeping our Jeep in the country. Short of God’s providing another option, we’ll have to take the Jeep out of the country before January 1st.
July 27th, 2013
- Unwavering faith!
- God’s unspeakable peace and joy…no matter the circumstances.
- Opportunity to give God all the glory, honor and praise in regards to everything He has done and continues to do in our lives. We so desperately want to shout His praises from the mountain top (making sure HE GETS ALL THE GLORY)…and NOT be yet another set of grumblers and complainers…because things are hard or uncomfortable. Life here on earth pales in comparison to basking in His glory for eternity.
- God’s guidance in so many decisions left to be made (some of which are independently listed below…many of which are not).
- Selling our house in Arlington.
- Many needs related to our business (For Him Consulting).
- Patience. Our Panorama studies were very clear about giving ourselves time (possibly up to a year) to truly get settled and established before we tried to “do too much.” Well, we’re already feeling a little guilty that we’ve been here 4 weeks and don’t feel like we’ve served anybody but ourselves. For me (John), I suspect I need God to hold me by the shoulders and shake some sense into me! 😉
- Wisdom regarding where, how and when to devote our time and efforts in regards to true ministry here. There is such overwhelming need, it’s easy to see that we could spread ourselves so thin that we would be utterly ineffective, or, worse yet, detrimental. We want God to guide our each and every step. We’re getting a sense that God wants us to focus on higher quality relationships within a smaller sphere of influence. Deciding WHERE and WHAT that looks like could be very challenging.
- That God would start stirring the hearts of those in Arlington (and beyond) for upcoming short-term mission trips to Roatan. We’re seeing needs for medical/dental teams, construction teams, sports camps, you name it, it’s needed. We pray that God will orchestrate all the logistics and make this happen sooner rather than later. The local kids are out of school Dec, Jan & Feb here (essentially their “summer break), so we’re hopeful that we can possibly coordinate some teams visiting during this upcoming time-frame.
- Time to communicate more regularly and timely with our wonderful church of 25+ years…First Baptist Church, Arlington, TX!
Smooth and quick process with our residencies. All paperwork is in the hands of the organization helping us with this and it takes SEVERAL MONTHS…so long that we most likely will have to seek extensions to our 90 day visitor passes.
- Smooth process with getting our Jeep and the trailer “registered”.
Guidance for our sons back home in Texas.
- God’s victory over spiritual warfare…We feel like we’ve been under attack in various ways, ever since arriving here.
- There’s no doubt in my mind that satan’s been planting thoughts of doubt and questions regarding our “hearing God” correctly, and trying to tell us that we’re not where He wants us to be. (I immediately throw back at him the phenomenal evidence of God’s presence and grace on our road trip. You don’t get that kind of protection if you’re headed in the wrong direction.)
- Many friends know my (John) personal testimony about fear and worry…and how God totally removed such from me several months back. Well, although I feel such is still totally gone, there have been mental battles about weakness, insufficiency, confusion, lack of clarify, etc. I’m convinced these are tools of the devil and something I’ve been praying about and resisting. James 4:7 (NIV) says: Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Well, I’ve been doing just that, but would very much welcome additional prayer warriors to battle with me.
- We’ve been hit hard (mentally, emotionally, etc.) in regards to selling our house. Before we moved out, there were plenty of showings and most feedback was very neutral in nature (e.g. not the right floor plan, too far from work, etc.). Well, ever since we left, major negative feedback has been flooding in. So much so, that it makes one wonder if it will ever sell (not based on duration, but due to such negativity).
- Interpersonal relationships are definitely under attack. From what I can tell, the devil is pulling out all stops. That’s OK, We’re sitting on God’s shoulders all the way! (But we do see and feel the attacks.)
( end )